Attendance Notification Procedures
- Absence – if your child will be absent, please call the attendance line at 924-4120 x3232 to report the absence and reason, on the day of the absence.
- If you are unable to call in the absence for any reason on that day, we require a note for re-admittance on the first day back to school
- Student should report to Guidance on the first day back for an admit slip.
- Our policy is to call the parent/guardians of all absent students to notify them of the absence if we do not hear from you. In this instance, a note is required from you upon the student’s return to school.
- Tardy – if your student will be tardy for an excused reason (early morning medical/dental appt, car problems, ill, family emergency, etc) please send them in with a note that includes the reason. All tardy students need to stop at the front office window for an admit slip.
- Dismissals – If your student needs to be dismissed during the day, please send them in with a note with the reason for dismissal. They should bring the note to the guidance office upon arrival to school for a dismissal slip. They should sign out in the main office when leaving, and if they are returning, sign back in at the main office.
- If the dismissal is unexpected, please call 924-4120 x3232 to speak with attendance to make arrangements to get word to your student.
For more detailed information on absence policy, please refer to Student Handbook.