|Jon Hall||Athletic Director||x3001|
|Ange Picard||Athletic Trainer||x4172|
Dear Eighth Grade Students and/or Upperclassmen Transfer Students,
As you begin to plan for your high school career, we certainly hope that you will consider making participation in athletics a part of that plan. Conval High School takes a great deal of pride in its athletic program and the student-athletes that wear the blue and gold. We field 37 athletic teams that represent 18 different sports. That translates into nearly 800 athletic opportunities. We encourage you to take advantage of one or more of these opportunities and help support Conval’s strong athletic tradition. We look forward to seeing you at Conval.
Things You Should Know
- Student-Athletes MUST have a signed doctor’s physical examination on file with the Athletic Department
- Eighth grade physicals are NOT valid for participation in interscholastic athletics at CVHS.
- NO PHYSICAL/NO PLAY!
- Student-Athletes MUST have insurance to participate in interscholastic athletics at CVHS (School insurance is available. Please call school for information.)
- Student-Athletes are required to pay a participation fee in order to participate in interscholastic athletics at CVHS
- Student-Athletes must pass two (2) classes with a GPA of D+ or higher
- Fall teams start practice in mid-August with Football starting a few days earlier
- Many Conval teams practice or play at least five (5) days a week
- Many Conval teams compete on Saturdays
- Many Conval teams compete during school vacations
- Fall Paperwork Turn-In, Monday- Friday August 6th -10th; 8am - 4pm in the Athletic Office
- Football practice begins Wednesday, August 8th at 3 pm. All other Fall sports start practice Monday, August 13th
- Check local newspapers in early August for specific times
- Students MUST attend try-outs to be included on a fall sports team.Student-Athletes MUST have medical insurance to participate in interscholastic athletics at CVHS (School insurance is available. Please call school for information.)
- Miscellaneous Athletic forms: (all forms available at Conval H.S. and the Conval H.S. website):
Emergency Information & Release
Rule Sheet/Permission Form
Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (this form can be taken to physician for completion or physician may use their form)
Participation Fee Form (lists all Conval sports and fees)
Athletic Participation Requirements for Physicals
- In order to participate in Conval Interscholastic Athletics, currently-enrolled student/athletes OR transferring upperclassmen must have passed a doctor’s physical examination and present a signed doctor’s examination form OR have one already on file with the school. Physicals are valid for TWO years.
- Incoming Freshmen must present or have on file with the high school, a physical dated May 1st of their 8th grade year for the physical to be valid for two years. Any physical PRIOR to May 1st will be accepted for ONE calendar year only.
Practice and game schedules will be given to athletes by coaches at start of respective seasons.
All the required athletic forms are available through the Athletic webpage under Forms.