ConVal School District
Closed Tuesday, January 27, 2015
& Wednesday, January 28, 2015
due to the winter storm
33 Recognitions! ConVal Comes Up Big In NH Art Awards
Congratulations to the following students for having their artwork selected for the NH Scholastic Art and Writing Awards.
- Joseph Bernstein - 2 Honorable Mention Awards
- Mei Buzzell - 1 Gold Key Portfolio Award, 1 Silver Key Portfolio Award, 1 Gold Key Individual, and 1 Silver Key individual
- Ava French - 1 Gold Key
- Bridget Grady - 1 Gold Key
- Hannah Henderson - 1 Silver Key Portfolio Award, 1 Silver Key Individual Award, 1 Gold Key Individual Award,
- Evening Iwanowicz- 1 Gold Key Award
- Erin Johnson - 1 Silver Key Award
- Gwen Jones - 1 Honorable Mention Award
- Adam Lundsted - 1 Honorable Mention Award
- Anna Magee - 1 Silver Key Award
- Meredith Messer - 1 Honorable Mention Award
- Tejas Moses - 1 Silver Key, 1 Honorable Mention, and 2 Gold Key Awards
- Madelynne Moynihan - 3 Silver Keys and 1 Gold Key Award
- Maggie Picott - 1 honorable Mention
- Michelle Thompson - 2 Honorable Mention Awards
- Rowan Tyne - 1 Gold Key
- Cassandra Wilkinson - 1 Silver Key
- KayLee Zubhuza - 1 Silver Key Portfolio Award
In addition, one of these students will also be awarded a "Best In Show Awards" at the Scholastic Awards Ceremony on Sunday, February 8, 2015 at Pinkerton Academy. The Best in Show Award is one of 12 awards selected from the more than 2,000 submissions for special recognition for it's outstanding quality, craftsmanship and vision.
District Meeting 1 Deliberative Session
January 31, 2015
ConVal High School Gymnasium
Free childcare provided - register by calling 924-3869
Feb. 3: Free File-A-FAFSA At ConVal
Feb. 5: Registration Opens For College Planning Session
Each year, families from around the state gather for the annual Destination College convention for high school juniors and their parents.
All of the day's events are free. Attendees have access to a wide variety of college planning workshops, get to hear a student keynote speaker, and have the opportunity to participate in a scholarship raffle while attending a college fair.
This signature event for high school juniors and parents is a collaborative effort between the NHHEAF Network Organizations and New Hampshire colleges and universities. Registration is scheduled to open on February 5th at www.destinationcollege.org and is required by both the parent(s) and student who will be attending. For details, see the poster below.
Feb. 9: Welcome Parents Of The Class of 2019!
The ConVal School Counseling Office announces that the registration process for the ConVal Class of 2019 will begin in early February.
The first step in the transition from middle school to high school will begin with an informational night for parents/guardians on Monday, February 9, 2015, at 6:30 pm at ConVal High School.
This program is for parents and guardians only, as the students will have their own meetings with us at their school.
The agenda for this program is:
- Welcome (Principal Brian Pickering)
- Athletics (Athletic Director Mark Swasey)
- Student Activities (Student Council President Will MacPhee)
- Course Registration (School Counseling Director Kim Chandler)
- Freshman course offerings
- Typical schedule
- Leveling of courses
- Registration process
On February 10, 2015, the high school counselors begin working with the Great Brook and South Meadow eighth graders on selecting courses for next year.
Independent school students are invited to the high school on Friday, February 13, 2015 at 9:30 am for an information session.
We are eager to meet our new freshman class and work with them on selecting their classes.