Welcome to the Contoocook Valley Regional School District (ConVal) Website, designed by Appropriate Solutions based in Peterborough, NH. Our vision is that our new website becomes an effective communication tool for our regional district. Parents, students, staff, and community members can access timely information, conduct searches, enjoy photos of school events and read the many highlights of our students’ outstanding achievements.
The ConVal Regional School District, SAU #1, consists of 11 schools; eight of which are elementary schools, two middle schools and our regional grade 9-12 high school. ConVal serves nine towns including Antrim, Bennington, Dublin, Francestown, Greenfield, Hancock, Peterborough, Sharon, and Temple.
Our two middle schools; Great Brook and South Meadow are previous recipients of “Middle School of the Year” honors. Our regional high school is a comprehensive grade 9-12 school that serves 918 students. ConVal High School is the home of Region #14 Applied Technology Center and offers many vocational and career technology courses.
ConVal values the collaborative direction created when the district plans for the future. Our district supports a number of active planning initiatives including a three-year State approved Technology Plan, a five-year financial and programmatic Strategic Plan and a five-year Curriculum Renewal Plan. All district efforts are focused toward one essential goal; improved student achievement. Our current initiatives include:
- Developing a guaranteed curricula experience across our eight elementary schools
- We are developing web-based parent portals that provide timely student data for our families
- We will be rolling out articulated K-12 Curriculum Maps that will list prioritized learning standards organized by month, by grade level and by curriculum discipline
- Our Response to Intervention (RtI) programs have started at all levels. This initiative identifies students needing strategic skill intervention as well as those students that would benefit from appropriate skill and content enrichment in designed instructional cycles. We have worked very hard to direct district and school resources to the success of our RtI program.
- ConVal boasts a strong and effective Professional Development Plan for our instructional staff. Our job embedded professional development is based and centered around Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s). A PLC uses an ongoing process to establish a school-wide culture that develops teacher leadership explicitly focused on building grade level and classroom improvement efforts. Generally, “PLCs are composed of teachers, although administrators and support staff routinely participate. Through participation in PLCs, teachers enhance their leadership capacity while they work as members of ongoing, high-performing, collaborative teams that focus on improving student learning (Rentfro, 2007).”
Again, welcome to ConVal, “A District on the Move!”