The Contoocook Valley Regional School District (“ConVal”) respects the privacy of all visitors to the district web site at www.ConVal.edu and protects your privacy to the extent permitted by law.
You can read and download information at the ConVal web site without identifying yourself or providing any personal information.
This privacy statement discloses what information this web site collects and how district employees use that information. The ConVal web site collects three types of information:
- information you voluntarily provide through email messages, web forms, and surveys.
- information automatically gathered through web visit logs.
- information collected by network traffic logs.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us by sending email, completing online forms, or filling out online surveys. You are not required to participate in any of these activities to view or download any information from our web site.
If you send an email message to the ConVal webmaster, your email message will be answered directly by the webmaster or forwarded to the ConVal employee best able to address your message.
The following types of information may be requested by online forms:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your phone number.
- Your affiliation with ConVal.
- Comments or information solicited by the specific form.
Your responses to an online survey will be used to fulfill the purpose of that survey.
Any personal information that you voluntarily provide to us through email messages, forms, or surveys will only be used to respond properly to your request. ConVal does not share, disclose, or sell email addresses or phone numbers to other organizations.
Web Visit Logs
The ConVal web site automatically collects and stores the following standard information when you visit our web site:
- The web pages you visited at our site.
- The date and time you visited the site.
- The web browser and operating system you used.
- The Internet protocol address and domain name used to connect to our services.
- The web site you visited prior to coming to this site.
This information is stored on our servers for the time necessary to perform site analysis and maintenance.
We analyze this information to help us understand how people use our web site so that we can improve its content, design, and services. This information is not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to use it to identify individual web site visitors.
Network Traffic Logs
To secure the district network and provide reliable service, ConVal uses software programs to monitor network traffic, scan for computer viruses, and identify attempts to access the network without authorization. Any information gathered through these activities, such as network-packet addresses or email-headers, is used solely for the purpose of maintaining network security. Personally identifiable information gathered through these activities is not released to other parties unless required by law.
Links to Other Sites
This web site provides links to other web sites. ConVal is not responsible for the privacy policies of other web sites, and ConVal's privacy statement does not apply when you visit these other sites. We recommend that you be aware when you leave our web site and encourage you to read the privacy statements of other web sites you visit.
Notification of Changes
We will post notification on the ConVal Announcements page when we make any revisions to the district web site privacy statement.
Send comments about this web site or the district privacy statement to
Contoocook Valley Regional School District
106 Hancock Road
Peterborough, NH 03458
- Internet Protocol Address: a 32-bit number assigned to your Internet service provider or computer to identify requests for information sent from and to your computer.
- Domain Name: the name used to identify an organization or entity on the the Internet. Your Internet service provider has a domain name (i.e. aol.com or www.msn.com).
- Cookie: a text file that a web site can place on your computer or the server to track information about your visit. Some web servers use this information to gather customer information and to supply specific information for specific constituents. To detect when cookies are being sent, or to prevent them from being sent, set your browser to warn you when a web site attempts to place a cookie on your computer.